The Center for Teaching Excellence supports Texas A&M University’s educational mission by forging partnerships to inspire and sustain faculty, student, and organizational transformation through innovative, dynamic, and inclusive learning design guided by evidence-based practices.
An institution-wide culture of excellence in teaching and learning grounded in evidence-based pedagogy through critical reflection on personal and educational assumptions, intentions, and reasons - recognizing and affirming the inherent value of varied perspectives, which are integral to teaching, and striving to ensure faculty, teaching assistants, and students of all backgrounds and identities are welcomed and provided with the resources and skill development they need to excel.
- Interdisciplinary Collaboration: Working together across disciplines to reach new understandings of complex issues and potential solutions.
- Compassionate Service: Embodying the Aggie Core Value of selfless service -- the giving of one's self for the greater good, without regard to personal gain or recognition -- as instructors, mentors, students, and fellow citizens.
- Transformational Curricular Innovation: Enhancing curriculum at both the program and the course level so that it is current, relevant, learner-centered, and high-impact.
- Distinctive Quality: Maintaining a high standard of excellence consistently in all activities.
- Celebratory Recognition: Honoring the accomplishments and contributions of faculty of all academic ranks engaged in instruction.
- Visionary Leadership: Designing structures that challenge assumptions and support transformation.