To earn a Certificate of Completion from the Teaching Assistant Institute, each TA must perform the following:
1. Complete the TAI Online Preparation Course (see instructions in next section)
2. Attend a one-day face-to-face training seminar. During for 2017 fall semester, each college is assigned a training day (see “TAI Calendar” below). If for some reason, a TA cannot attend on the assigned day, he/she may attend any of the scheduled sessions. In order to prepare materials and food for each day, we ask that the TAs (College Station campus only) go to the ERS.TAMU.EDU site, select the day that they will be attending the TA Institute and register for that specific all-day session.
1. Access the online module via this link to Gateway(not SSO/TrainTraq):
b. NOTE: DO NOT access this module via SSO/TrainTraq; ignore any message you
might see to sign off and go to SSO.
2. Sign on using any email address which DOES NOT
contain any underscore or dash characters (the email does NOT need to be a “tamu.edu” address).
3. The password is: 14!Banff@zesTY^3 until Feb 5th, after which the TAI certification closes until Fall 2017. Email CTE@TAMU.EDU with any questions that you may have.
4. Search for and complete course 2111828 – Teaching Assistant Institute Preparation – CTE
5. Keep a copy of the module completion certificate that will be emailed to you.
6. Shortly after completing the course, you will receive an email from CTE to the email address used to access the module
asking you to complete the last step of linking your UIN to the course completion record. You will not receive credit for
the course completion until this final step is completed. You will continue to receive the automatic email notification on a
routine basis until the link is completed.
7. If problems exist, contact the Center for Teaching Excellence at 979-845-8392 or firstname.lastname@example.org